For those who stayed behind

In continuation of 'Personal Politics: My Truth' I like to talk about the decreasing group that stayed behind,
Apperantly they are going too slow to catch up with modern digital day society,
Slow seems like a bad thing,
But it really is not,
With 'fast people' in ascendancy it is getting harder for the ones who actually take the time,
Good thing about time is that time is always there,
Time runs never out of time,
So why do we do then?
People who have time for time are seeing way more things than people who have time for no time,
So when fast people are all running with their mouths to talk without sound slow people are seeing that social media has grown way out of proportions,
It has taken over the world,
I get the feeling that fast people don't know where they are going,
They pull and push the world aimlessly,
Not to go in a certain direction but just for the sake of going fast,
While the slow ones are somehow forced to watch how it is becoming a confusing mess,
No one knows where we're heading to and why we are going there in the first place,
The vast majority goes with a new trend while a smaller group doesn't really understand why everyone is blindly following this marketing propagenda,
The two groups will never understand each other,
That is beacuse everyone is in both,
In some cases you walk with the group and in other cases you dissociate yourself from it,
It is too personal I guess to fully understand both sides,
And it depends on the case whether you understand one or the other,
Rarely both,
Fact is that the minority groups always bites the dust,
And the particular case where I'm heading to (with this writing) it will be almost impossible to disagree with the bigger party,
People who do not wish to participate with social media are considered ignorant fools,
If you want a cellphone without internet, touchscreen, camera or a thousand other options but just only for 'old fashioned' calling and texting you will be laughed at and the only choice you have are mobiles designed for old people,
So it's safe to say it's pretty uncool,
If you don't have Facebook your changes of being invited at parties will be smaller and unless you're making an effort to actually see your friends and family you will be quicker forgotten,
People just do not want to understand why you don't have a profile,
While the question should be:"why DO you have a profile"?

Now I do have a cellphone with touchscreen and too many functions and I use facebook (sort of)
But the phone I got from a friend (who got a newer one) and I don't have internet on it,
I only use the call and text functions (alright, and the recorder) and I hate the touchscreen!
And I got sick of all the invitations I got in my email to get a Facebook account so eventually I gave in and now I get to read everything that everybody's doing while I DON'T want to know anything of it,
But still I keep reading all the useless bullshit that users are posting,
So I got sucked into the majority group while I rather stood with the disagree'ers,
I also am not fond about this new way of communicating which seems very shallow and one dimensionally shaped,
All this information about ourselfs makes us more less interesting than the other way around,
and for what? to get a 'like' from our fellow keyboard warriors?
Now I don't really use my profile actively, I rarely post but somehow I still feel the urge to occasionally look on it for what other people have to say,
While I don't want to know,,,
But now that almost everyone is hooked it becomes a routine in your daily life to let others know what you are doing,
It is so egocentric,
And because the internet is already making us anonymous the socializing through the medium makes this upgraded human even less attractive,
I hate it,
But at the same time I use it aswell,
Curiosity is such a strong force,
I want to delete my facebook but I give myself excuses for not doing it,
Some reasons: I might miss the cool stuff or loose so called 'friends' that I might need someday
Those aren't good reasons at all but it's enough to hold me there and I'm ashamed to do so,
This is for the people who are still on the 'slow' side,
I have the utter most respect for you if you refuse to be dependent of this imposed digital way of communication,
I'm trying to get back with you,
So keep writing your friends letters instead of tweets and make a statement that you can perfectly live without all this crap,
I am proud of you!