Personal Politics: My Truth

In continuation of Bad Listener I shall now write down my philosophy about the arrogance of our way of  'thinking for others',
The title of the song 'The Unthinking Majority' from Serj Tankian sums up perfectly how our human behaviour works,
We like to think that others don't think (or think less) about everything than we do ourselfs,
Now at the same time everybody has all the answers to problems that go from inside your house all the way up to global proportions,
And we all agree on how 'they' are doing it wrong,
Is it not a little bit arrogant to say that the majority is unthinking?
It often looks like it but than again it is only been seen from your own point of view,
So is one (prejudiced) source enough for us to convince us that THAT is the(!) truth?
It is probably better to call it 'my truth',
Ocourse I also suffer from this 'the(!) truth' syndrome,,,
I too think often;"Why don't you all see how it really is!?"
But then I realize myself that I shouldn't think like that,
What if I am wrong? than I convince everybody to be wrong,
But even when I am right than it still isn't necessary to set my truth above others,
Now I don't say that you may not convince others of your truth,
The more point of views you can look at it the clearer your own truth can be seen,
Unfortunately we often interpreting other truths in a disrespectful way,
We are going too fast to see other opinions so we like to stick to our own,
which will be clouded and colored if you leave it like that,
If you master the technique of using breaks to go slower it will reveal itself much clearer,
You will be able to hear the music (I love metaphors!) and see through different point of views the truth which you eventually consider as 'my truth' and not as 'the(!) truth,
That is for the fast people who haven't figured out to use breaks (or to walk instead of drive,,,)
Now I should point out that I am fully aware of the fact that I present 'my truth' as 'the(!) truth' in this piece of writing,
I truly think that this kind of thinking will make the world a better place (yeah, I'm that sort of a guy),
But as said earlier it is a good thing to convince people of 'my truth' and therefore it is necessary to state my truth as the(!) truth to make a point,
This way of thinking made me start the hearless music project in the first place,
Without an open mind stuff like this makes no sense,
It makes perfect sense to me,
That's why I play for traffic and make a fool out of myself,
Within the project everybody's mind has to open up,
But it is also arrogant to think that my mind is more open than yours,,,
That is not the case,
It is to make my point stronger and more convincing,
That I will discuss in a later writing,
For now I shall enjoy the last part of this awesome music composition called "Canto Ostinato" by Simeon ten Holt,
You should check it out if you like piano music,
It is beautiful.

,RUtger