Keyboard Warrior

Does anonymity makes it that easy to become non-human?
Or maybe even more an authentic human than we are in 'real life'?
I'm talking about the behaviour of our digital representation on the interwebz,
Do manners still matter when you do not have to deal with the consequences?
My take on the issue is that we all starting to develop a second personality,
An uncivilized creature who only cares for itself,
One that is easely temped to inappropriate demeanor (measured with first personality standards) and has a rude and disrespectful attitude towards others,
This mentality of treating our fellow companions like dirt is ofcourse nothing new,
It has always been there within us,
Arrogance tells us to act like that,
But atleast we always have to face the reaction of the person that just got just belittled,
That is not the case with this new race that I call the "Keyboard Warrior",
It (no he/she anymore in this new created breed) says provocative things about everything and trolls (to give an example) every girl who is on youtube commenting about her boobs (whether nice or ugly, big or small),
Now he dare not to say that to her in real life (and that's a good thing) but why than do it in fake life?
It's safe and no real wars have to be fought,
But it doesn't make anyone feel better and it is totally unnecessary,,,
So it's just because "it" has the power to say it without feeling any shame?
And is eventually everybody to become a trolling ass like those?
I hope not,,,
Barking dogs don't bite and the trolling hero is in real life nothing more than an equal,
So it could be anybody,
Whether it is a social or non-social type,
It's almost like you need to find the spy who betrayed us all but it could be every person in the world,,,
Cause this new breed we created is just the beginning,
Sooner or later we start to think it's normal and we're going to use it in real life,
It already is actually,
People are showing less and less solidarity towards each other and in my opinion that is because of our digitalizating world,
We adapt with the technological revolution that is going on in the last couple decades,
So it's natural to evolve into a new kind of human,
But at this stadium of this just started evolution I do not think it is a good improvement,
The Keyboard Warrior shows less human qualities (atleast the ones we are used to) and it seems that "it" is highly superficial,
Funny thing is that I always get the feeling that everyone is superficial but I'm doing the right thing when I remind myself that I shouldn't think like that (as I explained in "Personal Politics: My Truth", couple post back),
But I also think that everyone has the same feeling,
So we all suspect each other for "not thinking deep enough",
And there's that spy again,
These paranoid feelings against each other only invigorate the anonymity in us,
How many times have people said:"I don't trust anyone anymore like I used to"?
And everyone has that feeling,
sometimes or always,
So the value of the anonymous becomes more important and that is exactly where our new breed is heading to,
The Keyboard Warrior is anonymous itself and therefore it doesn't have to trust anyone anymore,
It's reaction of being vile in general is more logical and I'm affraid that we are just at the start of this kind.

,RUtger